DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We are interested in protecting your private life and especially Personal Data concerning you. Therefore, we would like you to know how we collect, use and possibly transfer your personal data.
In order to access our services, it is necessary to provide us personal data or user identification information (PII). In addition, when you use, access, or interact with us via our websites, it is possible that some data may be stored (for example, the website from which you came to visit our site, the date of your visit, etc.). Those data are stored for the purpose of improving the quality and content of this website.
Your data may be used to uniquely identify a person, among other things, to display targeted advertisement, messages or content.
Information we collect
When you use our website, you may be asked to submit your personal information in order to benefit from certain of our services. For example, when you use our website’ s contact form for issues concerning the function of the website, the services we provide, when you give us your consent to contact you for marketing purposes and deliver news concerning our products or our services. Furthermore, our company collects your personal data during your participation in events or other promotional actions such as lotteries, competitions, or special offers.
While you interact with our website, certain data are collected automatically from your device or the Internet browser that you use. These data include the following:
- Device identification numbers, call status, network access, storage information, and battery information
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying the Internet browser and its version, as well as images collecting statistical data (web beacons) and tags.
Read the Cookies Settings and check the Table for detailed information on this topic.
Why and How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your data for the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests for information concerning the services and/or the products we provide.
- To improve and maintain our business activity, our products, and our services.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, by sharing information, or material that may interest you, in the context of advertising and promoting our products and/or services.
- To collect statistical data about our website’s visits.
- To detect, prevent, and deal with fraud or other illegal activities.
- To protect our rights and assets or those of third parties.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of our events and promotional actions.
- Other purposes: your data may be used in other ways. In this case, we will provide specific notifications, for your information, when we collect data, while we will secure your consent before their processing, wherever this is required.
In order to achieve these purposes, we will proceed to the collection and general processing of the data that are necessary, relevant, and suitable for the purposes of processing.
For the processing of personal data, we have certain legal bases depending on how you use our website.
The processing of personal data for direct commercial promotion is based on our legitimate interest. In addition, if we collect Personal Data concerning you, either via our contact form, or through informational or promotional contact, or your participation in a specific activity (such as lotteries, events, or other offers), your consent will be requested every time. Upon your request you may obtain all information regarding your declaration of consent (date, time, etc.). It is possible for you to revoke your consent at any time without retroactive effects. If you wish to revoke your consent, you may send an e-mail to the following address: [email protected]. Finally, we have other legal bases, such as our legitimate interests, compliance with a legal obligation, or the execution of a contract.
Processing of Personal Data
Northern Aegean Canning S.A., as a data controller, will store and process your personal data, with or without the assistance of automated means. Personal data, stored in a form which permits your identification as a data subject, will be stored for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. Only authorized recipients (for example, authorized employees) have access to these data whenever necessary.
Your data may be transferred to other recipients in performance of a contract for the above-mentioned legitimate purposes (for example, advertising companies, external associates of our company). For further information regarding those recipient’s data you may contact the following e-mail address [email protected]. Your data will not be transferred to third parties-recipients or to third countries for commercial or non-commercial purposes, apart from the abovementioned cases, without your prior information and explicit consent.
Your data will be stored for two years. They may be stored for longer periods, if it is legally compulsory under the European or Greek legislation.
Your rights according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- You have the right to request access to the personal information we process about In any case, you can request form Northern Aegean Canning S.A. to correct your personal data, if they are incorrect or to complete them if they are incomplete. When your personal data are updated, you may be asked to verify your identity in order to be able to satisfy your request.
- Without your consent, no decision will be made exclusively based on automated processing, including the creation of a profile. You may receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you may also transfer them, under the legal conditions, to another data controller, as long as there is no adverse impact on the rights and freedoms of others.
- As provided by law, you may request their deletion, as well as, in some cases, the restriction of processing.
- You have the right to object to our use of personal information about
- At any moment, you may object to the processing of your data for the purposes of direct commercial promotion, including the creation of a profile, if this is related to direct commercial promotion. If the above right is exercised, your personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
- You have the right to object and request the restriction of certain acts of processing of your data.
- You have the right to notify a personal data breach to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
How to exercise the above rights:
For information on how to exercise your rights, as well as for further information regarding the processing of your personal data, you can submit a request to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. In general, your request will be satisfied within one month upon its reception. All the information and announcements, as well as all actions undertaken in accordance with Articles 15 to 22 and 34 of the GDPR, are provided free of charge.
Northern Aegean Canning S.A. applies suitable technical and organizational measures to ensure appropriate security against all risks. However, no information system is 100% secure. For this reason, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data.
Access to certain areas of the website and/or the possibility of receiving prizes, product samples, or other gifts may be limited for users under a certain age. We may possibly use your personal data in order to verify your age and apply these age-related limitations.
You may share our actions through our website on social media and other relevant tools. The use of such features permits the exchange of information with your friends or the general public, depending on the settings you have chosen through your personal profile. For further information regarding social media and other relevant tools and the way they use your personal data, please refer to their privacy policies.
Special Categories of Data
Please avoid sharing any sensitive personal data via e-mail. The abovementioned purposes as defined, for which we process your personal data, do not involve this category of personal data.
Our website may contain links to other websites. The present policy concerning the protection of personal data does not apply to the user’s access to other websites.
We inform you that this policy may be modified from time to time. Changes will appear here. Before any modification of the present policy, we will inform you and you will be able to review our revised policy before you choose to continue to use our services and products.